Telephone: 020 3700 1013
Address: Banstead Road, Purley , CR8 3YH
- Monday: 9am - 7pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 6pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9:30am - 6pm
- Friday: 9am - 6pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- books, Audio Books and DVDs for loan
- children's library
- Wordwise collection for children with dyslexia
- WiFi internet access
- free use of PCs including internet access
- colour photocopier
- newspapers and periodicals
- community information
- enquiry service
- children's activities - see below
- reading groups - see below
- writing group - see below
- IT taster sessions - see below
- reading rooms - see below
- 34 study spaces (Access to quiet study space in branch libraries is subject to availability and may be affected by events taking place in the library at the time. Please contact the library for details.)
A full list of library events can be found in our Events Calendar
We run the following free drop-in activities for young children:
- Rhymetime: Songs and rhymes with instruments for babies and toddlers on: Tuesdays from 10am - 10:30am
- Wiggle & Jiggle: Songs, rhymes, dancing and stories for toddlers over 18 months on: Tuesdays 11am - 11:30am
- Storytime: A year round programme of stories and craft around popular / seasonal themes for children aged under 5 on: Fridays 10:30am - 11am
- Rock and Rhyme: Songs and rhymes with instruments for babies and toddlers on: Saturdays 10:30am - 11am
Adult Reading Group
We have two adult reading groups. One meets on the first Thursday of the month at 10:30am - 12pm. The second group meets on the second Friday of every month at 10.30 - 12pm, both groups are currently full, if you would like to go on the waitng list please contact a member of staff.
Adult Writers Group
Enjoy writing? Ever dreamt of being an author? Then why not join our creative writing group for adults. The group meets on the last Friday of every month at Purley Library from 10.30am - 12pm. Hope you can come.
Knit and Stitch Group
Meet on the last Thursday of every month from 10am-12pm. If you like knitting, stitching and catching up with friends this is the group for you. Beginners are welcome.
Are you interested in discovering more about your ancestors by taking a journey into your past to build your family tree? If so you may like to learn how to use ancestry. Taster sessions will be held on Mondays at 10.45 - 11.45am, to book a session please contact Purley Library.
We have two separate rooms that are ideal for studying and reading in a quiet environment. These rooms are also on occasion used by regular library groups and outside visiting agencies, please contact the library if you would like to check in advance to see if either of the rooms are free for public use.
Please note there are two disabled parking bays on Foxley Lane for badge holders.
There are currently no other public parking facilities at Purley Library. Please use nearby side roads or Purley Tescos. Please do not use the car park belonging to the Baptist Church which is reserved for private functions.