Telephone: 020 3700 1017
Address: Addington Road, Selsdon, CR2 8LA
- Monday: 9am - 6pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 6pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9:30am - 6pm
- Friday: 9am - 7pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- books and audiobooks for reference and loan
- children's library
- enquiry service
- WiFi internet access
- free use of PCs, including internet access
- colour photocopier
- books in community languages (available on request)
- newspapers and periodicals
- community information
- reading groups (see below)
- study spaces (Access to quiet study space in branch libraries is subject to availability and may be affected by events taking place in the library at the time. Please contact the library for details.)
A full list of library events can be found in our Events Calendar
We run the following free drop-in events for young children from September until July:
- Bookstart Rhymetime: Mondays 11:00 - 11:30am
- Storytime: Tuesdays 10:30 - 11:00am
- Rhymetime: Fridays 10:30am -11am (babies and toddlers)
- Wiggle and Jiggle: Fridays 11:30am -12pm (18 months onwards)
- Rock and Rhyme: Saturdays 10:30am -11am (0 - 5)
- Storytime: Saturdays 2:30 - 3:00pm
- Crafternoon: Saturdays 3:00 - 4:00pm
Further library events can be found in our events calendar. You can also see events for children and adults that are taking place in the community.
Come along for a chat with other parents in the library after Rhyemtime on Mondays and Fridays while the children play. Free. No booking required.
Selsdon Library runs a laughing club for children aged 4+ where we have fun sharing jokes, riddles, quizzes and giggles! It meets on the first Monday of the month from 4:30 - 5:15pm. Please register your interest with the library.
The library runs 2 conversation clubs. Come along to learn a new language or just to practice and speak with others.
- Urdu: Second Thursday of the month 10:00 - 11:00am
- Spanish: Second Thursday of the month 3:30 - 4:30pm
Bored? Looking to pass the time? Come and join our new Board Games Club. Groups and individuals welcome. Games provided.
Free IT Taster Sessions
If you would like to learn about using computers then please book a free session to help you begin. You will learn basic skills such as using a mouse and keyboard, finding your way around the internet and opening up an email or Facebook account. We can also use these sessions to help you apply for/renew items such as your Freedom Pass/Oyster Card/Blue Badge etc. Our IT sessions are one-to-one hour long sessions and take place during the following times:
Monday 10:00am - 11:00am | 11:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 11:00am | 11:00am - 12:00pm | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
These sessions are always popular so need to be pre-booked. Please contact the library or ask a member of staff to book one.
Chatterbooks (reading group for those in Key Stage 2, years 3-6) meets on the last Friday of the month from 4:00pm - 5:00pm. Why not join in and chat with other children about the books you have read and find out about other exciting or funny books! You can also take part in games, crafts and quizzes and there are occasional visits from authors and illustrators of children's books.
Adult Reading Groups
Library has three adult reading groups:
- The third Thursday of every month at 11:00 am
- The last Thursday of the month at 11:00 am
- The first Saturday of each month at 2.30 pm
Selsdon Library has crochet group for adults meeting every Thursday afternoon from 2:00 - 3:30pm. New members of all abilities welcome. Please bring your own wool/hooks.
Food waste bags
The food waste bags are now priced at £5.99 for 100.
You can now buy these from all Croydon Libraries.
Green waste bags
You can now buy these from all Croydon Libraries. We sell them for £1 each.
Our display boards are available for use free of charge to advertise your club or society.