Telephone: 020 3700 1021
Address: Lawrence Road, South Norwood, SE25 5AA
- Monday: 9am - 6pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 9:30am - 6pm
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 9am - 6pm
- Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- books, audio books and DVDs for reference and loan
- children's library
- homework help club (see below)
- enquiry service
- WiFi internet access
- free use of PCs including internet access
- black and white photocopier
- colour photocopier
- books in community languages
- newspapers and periodicals
- community information
- reading groups (see below)
- 8 study spaces (Access to quiet study space in branch libraries is subject to availability and may be affected by events taking place in the library at the time. Please contact the library for details.)
A full list of library events can be found in our Events Calendar
We run the following free drop-in events for young children:
- Bookstart Rhymetime: Fridays 2pm -2:30pm (babies and toddlers)
- Wiggle and Jiggle: Every Wednesday 11am -11:30am (2-4 year olds)
- Storytime: Every Saturday 11am (under 5s)
Further library events can be found in our events calendar. You can also see events for children and adults that are taking place in the community.
The Chatterbooks reading group (for children aged 7-11) meets every 3rd Wednesday, 4-5 pm for reading, activity and craft.
The Adult reading group meets on the first Saturday of the month 10.30am.
IT taster sessions
We hold IT taster sessions for beginners on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am-11am and 11am-12 noon. Also, on Saturdays from 11am-12 noon and at 12 noon-1pm. Please book in advance with library staff.
Homework help club
Our specially trained helpers offer young people aged 9 - 16 support with their homework assignments and study. Students benefit from space to study, access to a wide selection of books, word processing support and supervised internet access.
The club is free and young people can drop in as and when they please.
- School term time: Monday and Wednesday 3:30pm-5:30pm, Saturday 2pm-5pm
- Half-term and Easter holidays: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 2pm-5pm
- Summer and Christmas holidays: Closed